1.8K views 26 comments
100% full Resolved

Well well.My shaadi id is SH42277392 and Everyone needs to read what happened to me.

Joined this *** website shaadi.com hoping to find a wife. Submitted a photo id proof after which calls from sales agents started,After a week of several calls i decided to sign up as gold member (big mistake) Within 10 days of using membership, My account got locked suddenly and when i contacted them. They told me they need my SALARY CERTIFICATE if i want to use website further (check the attached pic) I was SHOCKED. I told them that is very personal details and i cant give that, Then they threatened me on PHONE saying they will cancel membership.

Then next day i got another call from shaadi.com asking me to also submit my educational documents along with job documents. One more shock but i decided to do some research on this. Further research revealed that shaadi.com is SELLING all our data to 3rd party scammers. So you can get a call from anyone right from a telemarketer to a scammer.

All your details including bank details are with them and they will take full advantage of you. This is their side business.

What a Horrible horrible bunch of evil people these guys are looting public money and enjoying.NEVER EVER JOIN SHAADI.COM

Review about: Shaadi Membership.

I didn't like: Corrupt trade practice.

Privacy and Data Security
Style and Design
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Shaadi Membership
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $65
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Shaadi?

Comments

La Puente, California, United States #1195874

shaadi.com is an indian website and it works by Indian way of dealing with ID proof and personal information.I became a victim of scam because shaadi.com shared my ID and private info to a stranger that potentially looks like related to/associated with/collaborating with shaadi.com.

Months back I complied with shaadi.com request of uploading my ID. I already had info about the location of my family etc on my profile. Using this private info, a stranger contacted me and my contacts on shaadi.com. I was surprise how a third party would know my shaadi.com contacts.

It means that this person must be associated with /collaborating with shaadi.com. My conclusion is that shaadi.com is a fraud business and it not only collects private info but also uses this info for scams.

Based on my experience, I would never recommend anyone to share ID and private info to this website.

Well Shaadi hadn't requested proof like that yet, however after 2+ years on their site they decided to delete my profile because I told a member that asked in an email on their site what my experience had been and I truthfully told him I received tons of interests but most aren't seriously looking for a partner.If they were why were the same people out there for 2+ yrs?

Many liars and deceptive people on there. So they said I violated the terms. Oh well...I was going to delete it myself anyway. Good thing I hadn't paid in over a yr.

Bharat Matrimony (also a 2 yr member) decided to block my membership (again after 2 yrs paid and free) because I hadn't (get this) provided proof of my 1. photo ID 2. education proof 3. employment information.

4. Proof of my ethnicity. Really? I wrote them back asking why is my personal information needed to simply search profiles.

They're all fraudulent if you ask me.

Thank God I hadn't paid for either in ages.I'll protect my identity and find someone on my own at this point.

Me and my friend decided not to join shadi.com after reading your experience. Thanks and sharing this on google plus

sunny
Chandigarh, Chandigarh, India #1024661

Lost my money in this website. Waste of time sir

Oak Harbor, Washington, United States #1022837

*** website shaadi.com

Udaipur, Rajasthan, India #1020142

Bhai mere.Yeh bahut shocking hai.

Decided not to join shaadi.com.

Almost pay membership.Bach gaya mere bhai

​In case of any Problems with Shaadi.com CONTACT THE FOLLOWING DIRECTORS OR THE CEO OF SHAADI.COM DIRECTLY ON PHONE NUMBER MENTIONED HERE -

ANAND MURARILAL MITTAL 75, SEVENTH FLOOR, SATNAM APARTMENT, CUFFE PARADE,, MUMBAI, 400005, Maharashtra, INDIA PHONE NO.022-22160437

ANUPAM MITTAL 85, SUNITA APARTMENTS,, CUFFE PARADE,, MUMBAI, 400005, Maharashtra, INDIA CEO and Managing director.

PHONE NO. 022-22187007

SANDEEP SINGHAL C-76, DIAMOND DISTRICT, AIRPORT ROAD, BANGALORE, 560017, Karnataka, INDIA PHONE NO.

080-25207388

ABHISHEK VIJAY MAHOREY B-401, NEW SHWETA CHS, ASHO NAGAR, THAKUR COMPLEX, KANDIVALI (EAST), MUMBAI, 400101, Maharashtra PHONE NO.022-28709833

IF SOME ONE IS FROM USA CONTACT - ASHIT RANJIT LILANI 3786 Grove Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94303, USA, PALO ALTO, 94303, , UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Director

sameer
Udaipur, Rajasthan, India #1016678

Owner anupam mital make money by cheating people like this. You should file a case on them.

Pramila
Oak Harbor, Washington, United States #1015372

Thank you for this review. Saved my cash.

Vijay singh
Edison, New Jersey, United States #1012968

You should post this review in other consumer forums also. I have shared this on my google.