*Warning* Fraud company shaadi.com

48 of 78 Shaadi reviews

Well well.My shaadi id is SH42277392 and Everyone needs to read what happened to me.

Joined this *** website shaadi.com hoping to find a wife. Submitted a photo id proof after which calls from sales agents started,After a week of several calls i decided to sign up as gold member (big mistake) Within 10 days of using membership, My account got locked suddenly and when i contacted them. They told me they need my SALARY CERTIFICATE if i want to use website further (check the attached pic) I was SHOCKED. I told them that is very personal details and i cant give that, Then they threatened me on PHONE saying they will cancel membership.

Then next day i got another call from shaadi.com asking me to also submit my educational documents along with job documents. One more shock but i decided to do some research on this. Further research revealed that shaadi.com is SELLING all our data to 3rd party scammers. So you can get a call from anyone right from a telemarketer to a scammer.

All your details including bank details are with them and they will take full advantage of you. This is their side business.

What a Horrible horrible bunch of evil people these guys are looting public money and enjoying.NEVER EVER JOIN SHAADI.COM

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Shaadi Membership
Review category
Media
review #660813 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Shaadi? Submit review ›
Helpful? 67 Yes 67 1 No 1
Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
48 of 78 Shaadi reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 07 #1195874 La Puente, California, United States

shaadi.com is an indian website and it works by Indian way of dealing with ID proof and personal information. I became a victim of scam because shaadi.com shared my ID and private info to a stranger that potentially looks like related to/associated with/collaborating with shaadi.com. Months back I complied with shaadi.com request of uploading my ID. I already had info about the location of my family etc on my profile. Using this private info, a stranger contacted me and my contacts on shaadi.com. I was surprise how a third party would know my shaadi.com contacts. It means that this person must be associated with /collaborating with shaadi.com. My conclusion is that shaadi.com is a fraud business and it not only collects private info but also uses this info for scams.
Based on my experience, I would never recommend anyone to share ID and private info to this website.

1 0 Reply

Feb 01 #1104198

Well Shaadi hadn't requested proof like that yet, however after 2+ years on their site they decided to delete my profile because I told a member that asked in an email on their site what my experience had been and I truthfully told him I received tons of interests but most aren't seriously looking for a partner. If they were why were the same people out there for 2+ yrs? Many liars and deceptive people on there. So they said I violated the terms. Oh well...I was going to delete it myself anyway. Good thing I hadn't paid in over a yr. Bharat Matrimony (also a 2 yr member) decided to block my membership (again after 2 yrs paid and free) because I hadn't (get this) provided proof of my 1. photo ID 2. education proof 3. employment information. 4. Proof of my ethnicity. Really? I wrote them back asking why is my personal information needed to simply search profiles. They're all fraudulent if you ask me. Thank God I hadn't paid for either in ages. I'll protect my identity and find someone on my own at this point.

5 0 Reply

Sep 02, 2015 #1028824

Me and my friend decided not to join shadi.com after reading your experience. Thanks and sharing this on google plus

2 0 Reply

Aug 16, 2015 #1020142 Udaipur, Rajasthan, India

Bhai mere. Yeh bahut shocking hai. Decided not to join shaadi.com. Almost pay membership. Bach gaya mere bhai

1 0 Reply

Aug 10, 2015 #1017948

​In case of any Problems with Shaadi.com CONTACT THE FOLLOWING DIRECTORS OR THE CEO OF SHAADI.COM DIRECTLY ON PHONE NUMBER MENTIONED HERE -
ANAND MURARILAL MITTAL 75, SEVENTH FLOOR, SATNAM APARTMENT, CUFFE PARADE,, MUMBAI, 400005, Maharashtra, INDIA PHONE NO. 022-22160437
ANUPAM MITTAL 85, SUNITA APARTMENTS,, CUFFE PARADE,, MUMBAI, 400005, Maharashtra, INDIA CEO and Managing director. PHONE NO. 022-22187007
SANDEEP SINGHAL C-76, DIAMOND DISTRICT, AIRPORT ROAD, BANGALORE, 560017, Karnataka, INDIA PHONE NO. 080-25207388
ABHISHEK VIJAY MAHOREY B-401, NEW SHWETA CHS, ASHO NAGAR, THAKUR COMPLEX, KANDIVALI (EAST), MUMBAI, 400101, Maharashtra PHONE NO. 022-28709833
IF SOME ONE IS FROM USA CONTACT - ASHIT RANJIT LILANI 3786 Grove Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94303, USA, PALO ALTO, 94303, , UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Director

sameer

Aug 06, 2015 #1016678 Udaipur, Rajasthan, India

Owner anupam mital make money by cheating people like this. You should file a case on them.

Vijay singh

Jul 28, 2015 #1012968 Edison, New Jersey, United States

You should post this review in other consumer forums also. I have shared this on my google.

Naina

Jul 23, 2015 #1011079 London, London, United Kingdom

Your experience has discouraged me from joining shaadi. I think more people should come forward and post their experiences so that innocent people are not taken advantage of by corporations. Regards

5 1 Reply
mangesh

Jul 19, 2015 #1009411 Badlapur, Maharashtra, India

I am not going to give my details to any website portal because of identity theft. Your review saved me. Thank you sir.

7 3 Reply
vikas

Jul 13, 2015 #1007200 Gurgaon, Haryana, India

Profession proof ???????? Income tax department hai kya ?? i will not join. Bach gaye yaar

5 2 Reply
saket

Jul 09, 2015 #1005545 San Francisco, California, United States

OMG this is so shocking. I was almost going to pay for membership on this *** website. i am sorry to hear about your experience. This website is horrible. Thanks for posting this review . YOU SAVED MY MONEY..

3 2 Reply
PIPL

Jul 08, 2015 #1004804

Kindly email your Skype id on feedback@peopleinteractive.in.

3 3 Reply

Jul 11, 2015 #1006407 Pune, Maharashtra, India

I will join bahratmatrimony.com because you people cheat a lot

1 1 Reply
PIPL

Jul 08, 2015 #1004801

Dear Armaan,
We regret to know about your perception on Shaadi.com. In the best interest of all our members and to ensure that we have a clean database we take verification very seriously. We feel that verification is helpful and ensures that we attract and have the right candidates/ prospects for you on our site.
We gain no benefit in causing inconvenience to a customer and hence would like to put forth that
1) Shaadi.com does not store any credit/debit card or Bank information of the member.
2) We do not even display a members personal information like address details on the website. Display of Phone no’s & Photographs are subject to privacy settings chosen by the member himself.
3) Considering we are an organization which is strict on verification and focus on getting genuine customers, selling our data to a 3rd party is baseless. We understand that you have a membership with us and currently feel cheated however we want you to understand that we will not be able to activate your profile without verification. Having said that we also respect your privacy and understand that you may not want to send these details to us hence we request you to kindly verify your details through Skype. It would be great if you could share your Skype id so that we can arrange a call for you at the earliest and also activate your profile. The above is in the interest of all our members. Regards, Shaadi.com

0 12 Reply

1-20 of 26 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.