Shaadi - Duplicate Charges on Paid Membership... Then Deleted Profile

So when I joined, I was offered 50% discount on paid membership plan.So I signed up for 3 months paid membership for $48.50 (50% of $97) and made a payment through Paypal.

However, I found 2 separate charges of $48.50 for 1 membership plan from Shaadi on my bank account few days later. I contacted Shaadi and I even gave them proof of the duplicate charges through my bank statement and Paypal transaction statement. However, kept claiming that they only received one payment of $48.50, even though my statements clearly showing 2 charges of $48.50 from Shaadi. So I contacted my bank and had them reverse only one of the $48.50 charges.

So that means Shaadi still had the other $48.50 for my paid membership which was fine. Now one month before my paid membership expiry date, deleted my account for no valid reason and they are now claiming that they never received my payment. I am attaching screenshot from my Paypal so everyone can see that there are 2 charges of $48.50 from Shaadi for the same membership number.

This is ridiculous and fraudulent business from of this unethical site and stay away!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Unethical business policy

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Gold Membership
Review category
review #843654 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Shaadi? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 13 #1184512 Mumbai, Maharashtra

Dear Member,
Thank you for sharing your Profile ID, our team is on it's way to address this concern for you at the earliest.

0 0 Reply

May 10 #1156635

Dear Member,
We understand your situation and want to address all your concerns. Please let us know your Shaadi Profile ID, so that we can reach out to you at the earliest. You can write to us at

0 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.